The Vanilla package contains styles for SEB's components written in SCSS. Every component syle is implemented as a mixin, in order to provide flexibility for developers.
More technical information can be found here:https://sebgroup.github.io/vanilla-pattern-library/
Using Vanilla through NPM
1. Create an empty directory and open a command prompt in that directory.
2. If you're working on the SEB networks, you will need to configure your NPM environment accordingly. Search for 'npmrc' in GitHub Enterprise for suggestions on how to do this, or send us an email if you need help.
3. Create a package.json file by running npm init:
$ npm init
4. Install the Vanilla pattern library:
$ npm install --save @sebgroup/vanilla
5. Now Vanilla will be installed in your node_modules folder. You could either import scss from <vanilla-dir>/src/vanilla in your own scss-files, or you can use pre-compiled css from <vanilla-dir>/css.
If you are on Windows, you can use this command to explore the contents of the Vanilla package:
$ npm explore @sebgroup/vanilla -- explorer
6. To try out the components, create a basic html-file and include the css files as specified above, then go to https://sebgroup.github.io/vanilla-pattern-library/ and copy some markup and put in your html-file.
You can find detailed technical documentation for this package on GitHub: