Design Library helps you create a unified SEB experience, without having to start from scratch every time. We have created component libraries for two specific tools for designers, Sketch and Axure. But you can also preview the compontent via a free Abstract account.
Before we have the descriptions published you can get an early preview. Everyone can preview, but you need to get a free account with Abstract.
Create an Abstract account
- First, create an account at Abstract: http://www.goabstract.com
- Then, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get an invitation to the "Abstract component library". Let us know who you are and that you want "guest viewer access".
- When completed, you will be greeted by a combined “Thank you” and download page for the Abstract app.
- If you only want to view the components, go through the Abstract web application (according to the instructions above).
- If you want to use the components library through Sketch, you are encouraged to download the Abstract application and sign in from there.
When logged in successfully the first time; you will land on an activity page showing what has been done in the past regarding the Sketch components file.
- Navigate to the projects page via the button on top of the activity list. You should be able to see the “SEB Components” project. Go ahead and click on that box.
- To view the actual components, click on the “Master” link.
Sketch component library
We generally use Sketch for pixel-perfect concepts and interaction design. To use the library:
- You need both Abstract and Sketch (Mac only) installed. Sketch is not part of the general product catalogue in SEB.
- To be added to the “SEB components” project, contact email@example.com to get an invitation (let us know you need "contributor" access).
You should then be able to use the SEB components directly via the “Insert / Symbols” menu choice automagically.
If you work from a PC, you can only view the components as images.
Axure component library
We use Axure for prototyping and user-testing. Axure is not part of the general product catalogue in SEB:
Add the Axshare space
- Get added to the Axshare project space called “SEB Common libraries”, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should now be able to load the SEB library directly into Axure.
The library is updated automatically if you add the components according to these instructions.
These are our Axure templates for easy startup of new projects:
- Template for Mobile First: https://share.axure.com/prototype/downloadrpfile/4ZUJ5V
- Template for Desktop First: https://share.axure.com/prototype/downloadrpfile/U78L4H
Instructions for adding a library to Axure
1. Locate the Libraries View.
2. Press on the hamburger menu item. Select “Load from Axure Share…”
3. Navigate and locate the library called "2017 Design Library (2Y7Z0I)". It can be found under SEB Common libraries and you need access to this project area.
You should now be all set to start using the Axure library. Good luck!
If you want to contribute to the components in our Axure library, please contact email@example.com.