Design Library helps you create a unified SEB experience, without having to start from scratch every time.
Tools for designers
We have focused on creating component libraries for two specific tools for designers:
- Sketch - for pixel-perfect concepts and interaction design
- Axure - for prototyping and user-testing
Both tools need licenses to use, which are not part of the general product catalogue in SEB.
... or no tool?
You can also get a preview of the design of components, directly from our design lab in Abstract (see the next tab). No special tool is required to view, but you do need an account (free).
Your input is highly appreciated!
SEB is at an exciting stage where we create components jointly, from a design and code perspective. This is work in progress - so please let us know so if there is anything we can do better: firstname.lastname@example.org
An early pre-view of the latest components
Do you want to keep up to date with the component design? Before we have the descriptions published you can get an early preview. Everyone can do this, but you need to start a free account with Abstract.
Create an Abstract account
- First, create an account at Abstract: http://www.goabstract.com
- Then, contact email@example.com to get an invitation to the "Abstract component library" (let us know who you are and that you want "guest viewer access")
- When completed, you will be greeted by a combined “Thank you” and download page for the Abstract app.
If you only want to view the components, go through the Abstract web application (according to the instructions above). But if you want to use the components library through Sketch, you are encouraged to download the Abstract application and sign in from there.
When logged in successfully the first time; you will land on an activity page showing what has been done in the past regarding the Sketch components file.
- Navigate to the projects page via the button on top of the activity list. You should be able to see the “SEB Components” project. Go ahead and click on that box.
- To view the actual components, click on the “Master” link.
Make use of the components
- You need to have both Abstract and Sketch installed. And for Sketch you need a Mac computer.
- You also need to be added to the “SEB components” project. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get an invitation (let us know you need "" access)
You should then be able to use the SEB components directly via the “Insert / Symbols” menu choice automagically.
If you work from a PC, you can only view the components as images.
We created a components library for those of us that work in Axure.
Add the Axshare space
- Get added to the Axshare project space called “SEB Common libraries”, by contacting email@example.com.
- You should now be able to load the SEB library directly into Axure.
The library is updated automatically if you add the components according to these instructions.
These are our Axure templates for easy startup of new projects:
- Template for Mobile First: https://share.axure.com/prototype/downloadrpfile/4ZUJ5V
- Template for Desktop First: https://share.axure.com/prototype/downloadrpfile/U78L4H
Instructions for adding a library to Axure
1. Locate the Libraries View.
2. Press on the hamburger menu item. Select “Load from Axure Share…”
3. Navigate and locate the library called "2017 Design Library (2Y7Z0I)". It can be found under SEB Common libraries and you need access to this project area.
You should now be all set to start using the Axure library. Good luck!
If you want to contribute to the components in our Axure library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.